Bahraini Authorities Arrest Father of Activist with Revoked Citizenship Yousef Al-Houri
2017-05-13 - 8:48 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR) said it received reports that Bahraini authorities arrested the father of Bahraini activist whose citizenship was revoked, Youssef Al-Houri.
In a tweet, deputy BCHR president Yousif Almuhafdah said Saturday (May 13, 2017) that the authorities asked Al-Houri's father to call his son from the police station.
Bahraini authorities target the families of activists and dissidents abroad. Recently, Human Rights Watch said that the mother in law of activist Ahmad Al-Wedaei was arrested and referred to court, in a reprisal step against his anti-regime activism.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
comments powered by Disqus