NIHR Meets UN Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva
2017-05-08 - 9:12 p
Bahrain Mirror: The National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR)'s delegation led by NIHR's Chairman, held a meeting with Kate Gilmore, UN Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights, in Wilson palace in Geneva on the sideline of the 27th Session of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR).
The institution said in a statement that Al-Faihani presented an overview about the NIHR and results of the remarks made by the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI)'s Sub-Committee on Accreditation that led to an amendment in forming the Council of Commissioners at the NIHR.
Al-Faihani stressed the importance of the role played by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, and the activation of the capacity-building programme for the NIHR's Council of Commissioners' members and holding training courses with the partnership of Asia Pacific Forum and GANHRI to enhance the NIHR or with the United Nations Development Programme or organs of the United Nations and specialized agencies.
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
- 2023-03-17ADHRB to UN: What are Your Steps to Hold Bahrain Accountable for Spying on Dissidents?
comments powered by Disqus