Bahrain Scholars Call for "Public Mobilization" on the Eve of Sheikh Qassim's Trial
2017-05-06 - 5:00 am
Bahrain Mirror: A statement issued by Bahrain's Shiite scholars called for the "public mobilization in all Bahraini areas on the night of the trial targeting the sect and the sacred Islamic Sharia."
The statement issued Friday (May 5, 2017) stated, "We call upon all men and women, old and young, to take to the streets in sacred religious rage, and declare readiness to defend till death the religion and national leadership of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Ahmad Qassim."
The Bahraini scholars had also issued a statement last Wednesday (May 3, 2017), stressing that the "targeting Sheikh Qassim over his Khum ritual is a blatant targeting of the religious existence of an authentic component of the country."
Furthermore, they confirmed that the revocation of Sheikh Qassim's citizenship is a "targeting of the national identity of each citizen belonging to this land, as the case is that of each believer who defends his religion, and of each citizen who is loyal to his country."
This comes two days before the court issued its verdict in the case of Sheikh Isa Qassim on Sunday May 7, 2017, the most prominent Shiite leader in the country. He is tried for gathering money for the Khums ritual, which is an obligatory religious ritual for the Shiite sect.
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
comments powered by Disqus