Al-Wefaq Calls on HRC to Introduce “Binding Measures” to Stop Violations in Bahrain
2017-05-06 - 2:46 am
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's Islamic National Society Al-Wefaq demanded the UN Human Rights Council (HRC) to move from its "verbal condemnation" of Bahrain to introduce binding measured to stop the violations in the country.
In a statement issued by Deputy Secretary General, Sheikh Hussein al-Daihi, al-Wefaq stressed that "international condemnations received by Bahrain at the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) session in Geneva brought Bahrain back to ground zero, and reflected the magnitude of the political and human rights crisis in the country."
Al-Wefaq asserted that the increase in violations and recommendations puts the authorities at a higher responsibility to achieve political reform, justice, and reconciliation. It also noted that the official responses to denying these violations reflect the level of official disregard for human rights issues.
Moreover, the Bahraini opposition society believed that international stances issued at the HRC "reflect international conviction towards the nature of the Bahraini crisis", and called for "moving from verbal condemnation to introducing binding measures in accordance with the International Bill of Human Rights."
Al-Wefaq concluded its statement by confirmed that "the path towards resolving the human rights crisis is through a radical solution to the political crisis, via establishing a comprehensive political process that reflects the popular will." It also warned that "the continuous adoption of the denial policy would only increase the complexity of the situation."
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
comments powered by Disqus