Geneva: Lithuania Demands Bahrain not to Arbitrarily Strip Journalists of Licenses
2017-05-02 - 5:23 am
Bahrain Mirror - Exclusive: Lithuania demanded the Bahraini government to stop its policy of stripping journalists of their licenses, and allow them to carry out their work.
In its intervention on Monday (May 1, 2017) during the 27th UPR session in Geneva on Bahrain's human rights record, Lithuania called on Bahrain to conduct more measures to ensure pluralism of opinion inside the country.
It also urged Bahrain to ratify the Convention against Torture, and completely terminate all death penalties.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus