Geneva: Australia Calls Bahrain to Implement Bassiouni Recommendations, Resort to Reconciliation
2017-05-01 - 11:24 p
Bahrain Mirror - Exclusive: Australia expressed grave concern from Bahrain's execution of death penalties, demanding it to revoke this penalty, and implement the recommendations of the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry (BICI) - Bassiouni report.
In its intervention on Monday (May 1, 2017) during the 27th UPR session in Geneva on Bahrain's human rights record, Australia said, "We express concern regarding the death penalty against Bahraini citizens last January. We recommend the Bahraini government suspends death penalties as a start to abolishing it, and complying its legislations with the international human rights law."
Australia further encouraged Bahrain to achieve its people's aspirations, return to the reconciliation process, implement the BICI recommendations, include everyone in the political process, and protect the right to freedom of expression and assembly.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
comments powered by Disqus