82 Clerics Residing in Britain Urge Bahrain to Halt Trial of Sheikh Isa Qassim
2017-04-29 - 11:57 p
Bahrain Mirror: 82 clerics residing in Britain issued a statement in which they urged the Government of Bahrain to stop the trial of Sheikh Isa Qassim, the most prominent religious leader for Shia in the country.
They said in a statement on (April 29, 2017) "Qassim is considered one of the most prominent figures in the Islamic Nation and that he has a high level of education. He is a cleric who works for the sake of his religion, country and people. He spent his years educating, preaching and counseling people. He has always called for civil peace, rejecting hatred among Muslim communities and avoiding inciting bloodshed as well as maintaining the interests of the country and people. His eminence has a special rank at the Shiite religious scholars and scientific Hawzas for his behavior, manners, biography and work."
The clerics expressed deep concerns about Sheikh Qassim and called on the Bahraini government to stop his trial, adding that harassing him would have bad influences.
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
comments powered by Disqus