Authorities Continue to Summon Activists, Charge them with Assembling in Diraz
2017-04-24 - 6:40 p
Bahrain Mirror: The security authorities continued to summon activists to interrogations in a vast campaign that targeted dozens and aimed at imposing travel bans on them in a time that coincides with the UPR session to review Bahrain's human rights portfolio in Geneva.
Yesterday the authorities summoned number of activists including "Dr. Taha Al-Dirazi, Rula Al-Saffar, Ma'asouma Al-Sayed, Sayed Hadi Al-Musawi, Rayhana Al-Mosawi and her husband, Hussein Radhi, Dr. Monzer Al-Khor and Zeinab Mohammad, wife of death row convict Mohammad Ramadan."
Each of Ibrahim Sharif and his wife Farida Ghulam, Rula Al-Saffar, Ibtisam Al-Saegh, Monzer Al-Khor, Mohammad Khalil and Ma'asouma Al-Sayed presented before the Public Prosecution today and they were all charged with assembling in Diraz.
Activists said that the authorities brought these charges against them to justify the travel ban issued against dozens of activists to prevent them from taking part in the UPR session held in Geneva.
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Intíl Monitors to Visit Prisons
- 2023-03-17ADHRB to UN: What are Your Steps to Hold Bahrain Accountable for Spying on Dissidents?
comments powered by Disqus