Bahrain to Discuss Reports before Committee against Torture in Geneva
2017-04-20 - 10:30 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's Deputy Foreign Minister Abdullah Faisal Al-Dossari confirmed Bahrain's participation in the meetings of the UN Committee Against Torture's 60th session in Geneva between April 18 and May 12, 2017. During those meetings, the second and third national periodic reports will be discussed on Friday (April 21, 2017) over the implementation of the Convention against Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman, and Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
Al-Dossari said his government delegation is ready to review the period reports of Bahrain on its efforts against torture. He noted that in its national reports, Bahrain worked in accordance with Article (19) of the international convention.
The official delegation to take part in the 60th session for the Committee against Torture in Geneva, includes representatives from both Foreign and Interior Ministries, Ombudsmen, Public prosecution, Legislation and Fatwa Authority, Labor Market Regulatory Authority, in addition to the Bahrain's permanent mission to the UN in Geneva.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
comments powered by Disqus