Online Campaign Calls on Bahrain to Release Activist Khalil Al Halwachi before Trial Hearing
2017-03-22 - 11:25 p
Bahrain Mirror: Fatima Al-Halwachi launched an online campaign to call on Bahrain to release her father, activist Khalil Al-Halwachi. The appeal said "Call on Bahrain to do the right thing: release imprisoned professor and activist #Khalil_AlHalwachi to his family."
The campaign called for spread this message and share it on social media outlets, to support Fatima Al-Halwachi in the call to release her father.
Khalil Al-Halwachi an educator and a Bahraini peaceful civil society actor, he is also the founder of a political opposition group called Amal that was dissolved by the regime in 2012.
Khalil Al-Halwachi is still being held in custody at the Dry Dock prison since he was arbitrarily arrested from his home on 3rd September, 2014, during a house raid by Bahraini security forces in the middle of the night, where his family home was searched. He was targeted because of his activism and democratic demands. He could face up to 15 years imprisonment on trumped-up charges. Khalil's imprisonment for over two years without being sentenced, is a clear violation of international human rights law.
Next hearing is scheduled for the verdict on March 23, 2017. after it was adjourned for 22 times.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
comments powered by Disqus