Authorities Release Human Rights Activist Returning from Geneva, Confiscate her Passport
2017-03-21 - 9:21 p
Bahrain Mirror: The security Bahraini authorities released human rights activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh after holding her for several hours at Bahrain's International Airport while returning from Geneva, where she took part in 34th session of the Human Rights Council along with a Bahraini delegation.
Activists said that the authorities held Al-Saegh for hours and then released her after confiscating her passport. This means that Al-Saegh can't leave Bahrain anytime soon.
The authorities have been launching harsh campaign against activists, dissidents and civil society institutions, which prompted severe criticism from the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein few days earlier.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
comments powered by Disqus