Ebrahim Sharif Summoned for Interrogation Today Coinciding with “Wa’ad Society Dissolution” Trial
2017-03-20 - 3:57 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Public Prosecution summoned on Sunday (March 19, 2017) the prominent dissident and former secretary-general of the National Democratic Action Society (Wa'ad), Ebrahim Sharif, for interrogation today on Monday (March 20, 2017).
This is not the first time the authorities summon Sharif over his expressed opinions and stances.
Sharif's summoning coincides with the first court session concerning the lawsuit filed by Justice Minister Khalid bin Ali Al Khalifa to dissolve Wa'ad, which he accused of encouraging the overthrow of the ruling system by force.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
comments powered by Disqus