Bahrain: Protests Reject Saudi Presence in Country, Denounce Ayatollah Qassim’s Trial
2017-03-15 - 1:15 am
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain witnessed on Tuesday (March 14, 2017) various protests that coincided with the trial hearing scheduled to issue the verdict in the case of religious leader, Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim.
Hundreds protested in various areas, while shops were closed on the day that marks Saudi forces' raids to aid the Bahraini regime in its crackdown against the popular uprising in 2011.
Protesters clashed with regime forces as the latter shot teargas canisters.
On the other hand, the court postponed the trial hearing to issue the verdict in Sheikh Qassim's trial until next May 7. Sheikh Qassim is being tried over managing the Shiite religious Khum ritual.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus