Bahraini Detainee Tortured after Refusing to Kiss Prison Guard’s Foot at Dry Dock
2017-03-09 - 7:20 am
Bahrain Mirror: Information at the Dry Dock detention center reported that detainee Ali Mohammad Hakim Al-Arab was beaten up and tortured, because he refused to kiss the foot of a prison guard. The officer had asked Al-Arab to do so as soon as he came from the intelligence building, 26 days after his arrest.
The authorities had arrested Al-Arab (on February 9, 2017), after which it accused him of involvement in the killing of a police officer names Hachem Al-Hamadeh. The Ministry of Interior had announced Al-Hamadeh's death (on January 29, 2017) after being shot in Bilad Al Qadeem, south of the capital Manama.
Al-Arab remained in the custody of the Criminal Investigations' Department building (intelligence), until he was transferred to Dry Dock prison.
Other detainees confirmed the signs of torture and electrocution were apparent on detainee Al-Arab's body since he arrived at Dry Dock.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
comments powered by Disqus