AP: Bahrain Says 25 Arrested in Bust of Iran-Linked Terror Cell
2017-03-05 - 3:50 am
Bahrain Mirror- AP: Bahrain says it has arrested 25 suspected members of a terror group allegedly backed by Iran on the island nation.
A government statement Saturday alleged the 54-member group went to Iraq and Iran to "receive training in the use of explosives and firearms at Revolutionary Guard camps." It said police seized firearms, bombs, cars, boats and a drone.
The statement linked the group to a series of attacks, including a January prison break. It said the group's leader was in Germany, without elaborating.
Iran's government had no immediate comment. Sunni-ruled Bahrain, like other Gulf Arab nations, remains suspicious of Shiite power Iran.
Bahrain, home to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet, has seen the low-scale unrest present since its 2011 Arab Spring protests escalate recently amid a government crackdown on dissent.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
comments powered by Disqus