BDF Commander-in-Chief Meets Fifth Fleet Commander and US Ambassador
2017-02-06 - 6:25 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain Defence Force Commander-in-Chief Khalifa bin Ahmed Al Khalifa met on Sunday (February 5, 2017) Fifth Fleet Commander Admiral Kevin Donegan and US Ambassador to Bahrain, William V. Roebuck.
According to Bahrain News Agency, the parties reviewed the bilateral friendship and cooperation ties between Manama and Washington.
This meeting came in the eve of constitutional amendments, discussed by the Parliament, that would increase the powers of military justice and allow the trial of civilians in military courts. Human rights defenders deemed this step a clear attempt to militarize the country that has been witnessing a political crisis since February 2011.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
comments powered by Disqus