Bahrain's King & CP Send Cables of Condolences over demise of Iranian Rafsanjani
2017-01-10 - 7:55 p
Bahrain Mirror: King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa has sent a cable of condolences to the Iranian President Hassan Rohani over the demise of the former Iranian President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.
Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa has also sent a cable of condolences to President Rohani over the death of Rafsanjani.
Since January 2016, Manama officially cut its diplomatic relations with Iran, as Saudi Arabia did, over the Iranian statements issued against Saudi Arabia after the execution of Sheikh Al-Nimr.
The Bahraini-Iranian relations witnessed tensions since March 2011 after Bahrain, with the help of Saudi Arabia and Emirate, crushed the democracy seeking protests.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
comments powered by Disqus