Hunger Strike in Jaw Prison Building #4 in Protest against Attacking Worshippers
2016-12-12 - 5:25 p
Bahrain Mirror: Detainees held in building 4 in Jaw Prison declared going on a hunger strike (Sunday December 11, 2016) in protest of a guard attacking detainees performing prayers.
The prison guards attacked the worshippers, and physically beat Sheikh Mohammad al-Mansi for leading the prayers.
This not the first time that political detainees are subjected to attacks and denied their basic rights based on their religious beliefs.
- 2023-03-22Interior Minister Says "Open Prison" Stage will Begin in Ramadan
- 2023-03-22Finance Ministry: Bahrain's Public Debt Amounts to BD16.7 Billion
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
comments powered by Disqus