Bahraini MP: US Ambassador Reassured There’s No Change in Washington's Policies towards Manama after Trump’s Win
2016-11-21 - 9:20 p
Bahrain Mirror: Deputy head of the Foreign Affairs, National Defense and Security Committee in the Bahraini Parliament Khalifa Al-Ghanem said that he received reassurances from the US Ambassador to Manama William V. Roebuck that his country's policy towards Bahrain will not change during the term of President-elect Donald Trump.
Ghanem reported that the Ambassador stressed that US-Bahraini relations are governed by a number of agreements and conventions signed years ago and cannot be affected or altered due to current developments in Washington.
It is noteworthy that Republican Donald Trump's victory in the presidential election raised concerns among Washington's allies over his extreme views, especially those regarding Gulf states and areas of conflict in Syria, Iraq and Libya.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus