Jaw Prison Guards Attack Isolated Cell Block of Death Row Prisoners
2016-11-19 - 12:49 am
Bahrain Mirror: Sources said that the guards at Bahrain's infamous Jaw Prison attacked on Wednesday (November 16, 2016) the isolated cell block, where dissidents and other inmates either sentenced to death or life imprisonment are held.
The prison security forces, which include Jordanian and Pakistani nationals, raided the cell block and deliberately went through and wrecked the prisoners' personal belongings. They also threw around copies of the Holy Quran while they "searched" the place.
The prisoners, in response, announced a hunger strike, holding the Interior Ministry and the Ombudsman General Secretariat accountable to their safety, stressing that these "unjustifiable measures" were only taken to provoke the prisoners.
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
comments powered by Disqus