British Crown Prince Opens His Country's Military Base in Bahrain
2016-11-11 - 10:41 p
Bahrain Mirror: Britain's Prince Charles opened on Thursday (November 10, 2016) his country's military base in Bahrain amid criticism for the support Bahrain receives from the British Government.
The Bahraini Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa who visited the base with his British counterpart highlighted that "the naval support facility represents an important moment in Bahrain's long-standing defense and security ties with the UK and demonstrates both countries' firm commitment to protecting regional stability and security."
For its part, Amnesty International deplored the UK ministers' stance in showing Bahrain as a country that is proceeding in reforms, whereas, in fact, it chases and detains dissidents.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus