Sheikh Mirza Al-Mahrous’s Aunt Dies, After Authorities Rejected His Request to Visit Her in ICU
2016-11-10 - 2:38 am
Bahrain Mirror: The aunt of detained Sheikh Mirza al-Mahrous died today (Wednesday November 9, 2016), after authorities did not allow him to visit her in the hospital.
Al-Mahrous, who is one of Bahrain's most prominent opposition figures detained by the authorities since March 2011, began a hunger strike, after the Jaw Prison administration banned him to visit his aunt who was in the Intensive Care Unit in the hospital.
Prison authorities in Bahrain do not take into consideration the many humanitarian circumstances of the detainees, to the extent that some are denied medical treatment.
The detained opposition figure's family called on the authorities to temporarily release him, for him to take part in his aunt's funeral.
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
comments powered by Disqus