Appeals Court Upholds One-Year Jail Term against Ibrahim Sharif
2016-11-07 - 8:21 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Appeals Court upheld on Monday (November 7, 2016) the First Instance Court's verdict that sentenced the prominent opposition leader Ibrahim Sharif to one full year in prison.
It is to mention that Sharif finished his one-year jail term in July. However, the court of appeals continued to consider the appealed case by the Public Prosecution.
Sharif was released after spending more than 4 years in prison he spent with the figures in Jaw Prison. However, he was re-arrested 3 weeks after his release and sentenced to one year in prison over inciting hatred against regime.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus