Parliament Continues to Limit its Authority: 12 Questions for Each MP in Session
2016-11-05 - 11:59 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Legislative and Legal Affairs Committee in the Bahraini House of Representatives said that the number of questions that each Member of Parliament can raise to the ministers during the held session is only 12. This comes after the committee suggested a bill aimed at modifying the bylaws of the Parliament.
The Parliament will discuss the report of the committee on the bill in their session to be held on Tuesday (November 8, 2016).
If the council approves this bill, this means that the limited powers of the MPs will be reduced even more.
The council has already minimized its authority and imposed new rules on the MP who wants to interrogate any minister, stating that the MP has to take approval of two third of the council in order to raise any question. This move hindered the use of this mechanism in a practical way.
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
comments powered by Disqus