Sheikh Isa al-Mouímin Released on Bail
2016-09-29 - 2:52 am
Bahrain Mirror: A Bahraini court decided to release the Imam of Al-Khayf Mosque, Sheikh Isa al-Moumin, following two months of his detention. He was arrested on charges related to a speech he delivered in the mosque, in which he criticized the violations faced by "the Bahrainis and the Shiite sect specifically."
The court decided to release Sheikh al-Mou'min on bail amounting to 500 dinars, after his hearing was postponed until October 24, 2016.
The Bahraini court had sentenced Shiite religious clerics to prison after convicting them of taking part in the ongoing Diraz sit-in, which marked its 100th day, in protest of the revocation of the Shiite religious leader in Bahrain Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus