Nabeel Rajab Held in Solitary Confinement in East Riffa Police Station
2016-09-27 - 8:18 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahrain Center for Human Rights confirmed that the East Riffa prison authorities have placed the prominent human rights activist Nabeel Rajab in solitary confinement, indicating that he was maltreated.
The center said that Rajab's family received a call from him informing them that he is held in solitary confinement, insulted, and lashed at by one of the officers in the East Riffa center.
"We were also informed that the clothes and napkins brought to Rajab by his family were befouled with water and dirt, while his family were prevented from bringing him a radio," the Bahrain Center for Human Rights added.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
comments powered by Disqus