Bahraini Court Upheld 1-Year Prison Sentences against 3 Shiite Clerics
2016-09-22 - 6:00 p
Bahrain Mirror: A Bahraini court upheld on Wednesday (September 21, 2016) a full year prison sentence against three Muslim Shiite clerics, after accusing them of taking part in the Diraz demonstration.
Thousands of Bahrainis have been joining an ongoing sit-in protest held outside the house of the Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim since more than 90 days, in protest of King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa's decree, ruling the revocation of Sheikh Isa's citizenship.
The court sentenced each of Sheikh Mounir al-Matouq, Sheikh Imad al-Shoala, and Sheikh Ali al-Hamli to a full year imprisonment, entering immediately into force.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus