Preacher Sentenced to Two-Year Imprisonment over Diraz Demonstrations
2016-09-22 - 5:42 p
Bahrain Mirror: A Bahraini Court upheld on Wednesday (September 21, 2016) a two-year imprisonment sentence issued against preacher Habib al-Dirazi, after accusing him of participating in Diraz demonstrations.
Thousands of Bahrainis have been joining an ongoing sit-in protest held outside the house of the Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim since more than 90 days, in protest of King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa's decree, ruling the revocation of Sheikh Isa's citizenship.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus