Bahraini Authorities Refer Al-Wefaq S-G to Prosecution over his Address Delivered to UNHRC in Geneva
2016-09-16 - 4:09 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini authorities referred the opposition leader and Secretary-General of Al-Wefaq to the Public Prosecution after questioning him over his address delivered to UNHRC in Geneva.
Despite referring him to the prosecution, General Directorate for Criminal Investigation and Forensic Evidence said that "the investigations have not proven yet that the claimed letter addressed to the UNHRC is issued by Sheikh Ali Salman."
The authorities had already questioned the president of Bahrain Center for Human Rights Nabeel Rajab over an article he published in the New York Times newspaper in which he called on the United States to take more serious measures regarding the degrading situation in Bahrain.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth
comments powered by Disqus