Head of Ulama Islamic Council Arrives to Jaw Prison to Serve his 2-Year jail Term
2016-09-01 - 9:19 p
Bahrain Mirror: Activists said that Shiite cleric Sayed Majeed Al-Mashaal, the head of Ulama Islamic council (the highest Shia religious institution in the country), was transferred this morning (September 1, 2016) to Jaw prison.
A Bahraini court sentenced on Wednesday (August 31, 2016) Al-Mashaal to two years in prison over charges of leading the Diraz open sit-in protest.
The authorities had arrested Al-Mashaal at the end of last month, as he was accused of calling people to rally outside the Bahraini Shia spiritual leader Sheikh Isa Qassim's house in Diraz. This followed a decree issued by King Hamad bin Isa l Khalifa, stripping Sheikh Qassim of his nationality.
Al-Mashaal is facing another trial over charges of inciting hatred against the regime.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
comments powered by Disqus