Cases of Dr. Al-Dirazi and Mullah Hani Adjourned until September 6 for pleading
2016-08-30 - 6:12 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's ninth minor criminal court, presided over by judge Hussain Al-Shaikh and Mohammad Al-Harban as secretariat, set September 6, 2016 as a date for pleading in the cases of member of Bahrain Human Rights Observatory Dr. Taha Al-Dirazi and Mullah Hani Ali Ahmad Basira who are accused of assembling in Diraz.
The authorities accuse Al-Dirazi of assembling, based on their participation in the open sit-in protest in front of Sheikh Isa Qassim's house in Diraz since June 20, after the authorities revoked his citizenship.
The authorities have launched the most severe campaign against opposition and Shia majority since March 2011. They toughened the sentence against opposition leader Sheikh Ali Salman, revoked the citizenship of spiritual leader Sheikh Isa Qassim, arrested prominent human rights activist Nabeel Rajab, banned activists from leaving the country, arrested and summoned dozens of Shiite clerics.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus