Denmark Seriously Concerned about Reports of Health Deterioration of Nabeel Rajab
2016-08-24 - 8:08 p
Bahrain Mirror-Exclusive: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark expressed its serious concern by the information it received about the health condition of the prominent human rights defender Nabeel Rajab who is placed in solitary confinement.
In a letter on Tuesday (August 23, 2016) to the Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR) and which Bahrain Mirror learned about, the Ministry of Foreign affairs said that "it fully understands the alarming nature of the concerns expressed by BCHR regarding the general human rights situation in Bahrain."
It added "Denmark will remain committed to raising questions on the human rights situation in Bahrain," reminding that it tackled "the arbitrary detention in Bahrain through the statements it issued at the HRC32 in Geneva on June 22, 2016."
The ministry concluded saying "we reiterated our call for the release of all arbitrarily detained people in Bahrain". Denmark fully supports various EU statements and positions on the human rights situation in Bahrain.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
comments powered by Disqus