Opposition Holds Press Conference in London, Condemns Sheikh Qassim's Trial
2016-07-28 - 11:47 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini opposition in the British capital, London, on Wednesday July 27, 2016, called on Saudi Arabia to withdraw its troops from Bahrain. They held Saudi Arabia accountable for the recent measures taken by Bahrain against a number of political and religious institutions.
The opposition held a press conference outside the Saudi embassy in London, coinciding with the first trial of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim, before it was postponed.
Head of the opposition Bahrain Freedom Movement, Saeed al-Shehabi, stated that the decision to revoke the nationality of Sheikh Qassim and remove his immunity is an assault on the people and religion.
They further urged a broad participation in the mass demonstrations on the International Day of Solidarity with Bahrain scheduled to be staged on Friday in various Arab and international capitals.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
comments powered by Disqus