Hossein Amir Abdollahian Describes Trial of Sheikh Isa Qassim as "Bold Step"
2016-07-27 - 11:02 p
Bahrain Mirror: Director General of International Affairs at the Iranian Parliament Hossein Amir Abdollahian said that trying Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim is a bold step.
He announced that "If the government of Bahrain takes no lessons from history and repeats its mistakes, it will undoubtedly suffer great losses," adding that "instead of relying on strangers Bahrain's rulers are better to consider their own people's interests."
Abdollahian stressed that Tehran does not interfere in the affairs of Bahrain but supports democracy, freedom of expression and human rights in the region and Bahrain. The only solution for Bahrain's crisis is political, Abdollahian further stated.
Hossein Amir Abdollahian explained that "freedom of Sheikh Ali Salman (Secretary-General of Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society) from illegal detention and respect for Ayatollah Isa Qassim are necessary measures to reach a political solution in Bahrain."
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
comments powered by Disqus