Photos: Angry Protests on Eve of Sheikh Isa Qassim’s Trial
2016-07-27 - 4:45 p
Bahrain Mirror: On the eve of Sheikh Isa Qassim's trial, Bahrain witnessed angry protests expressing refusal to escalatory measures against the leader who is supported by majority of indigenous Bahrainis.
The shops closed in Manama and its suburbs on the night. Meanwhile, protests were staged in different villages across Bahrain.
Responding to calls by opposition groups, protestors turned off the lights of their houses and chanted slogans denouncing the trial.
Eyewitnesses said that the authorities increased its security presence in Diraz perimeter, where thousands of Sheikh Qassim's advocates have been holding protesting since over a month against revoking his citizenship.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus