USCIRF Visits Bahrain and Meets with National Institution for Human Rights
2016-07-25 - 10:19 p
Bahrain Mirror: Vice President of the National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR) Abdullah Al-Derazi received Deputy Director of Policy and Research at the US Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) Dwight Bashir and his accompanying delegation.
"He reviewed the institution's rich record in religious openness and tolerance in the prosperous era of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa," said NIHR Vice President stressing on the institution's so-called "key role in developing human rights practice in cooperation with major European organisations."
It is noteworthy that the USCIRF has strongly criticized in its latest report, issued last May, the Bahraini government's ongoing campaign launched against the Shiite majority in the country, targeting them on numerous levels. The commission also criticized Bahrain for not fully implementing the BICI report recommendations.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
comments powered by Disqus