Detained Opposition Figures Urge Bahrainis to Defend Sheikh Isa Qassim
2016-06-25 - 3:25 am
Bahrain Mirror: A number of the imprisoned opposition figures at Bahrain's Jaw Prison issued a statement in which they voiced their solidarity with Sheikh Isa Qassim and refusal of the measure against him.
"Attacking the venerable status of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Ahmad Qassim is an attack against the whole sect. And indeed his sincere and patriotic character renders him a role model to every free person. The regime should have listened to Sheikh Qassim's words and wisdom, yet his words fell on deaf ears," read the statement
"We address the noble people of our nation who have made sacrifices to take a stance and defend Sheikh Isa Qassim, for taking a defeatist stance will only lead to disgrace and humiliation," the detained figures further noted on Wednesday (June 22, 2016).
They also called on the clerics in the country to rise together and support Sheikh Qassim, stressing on the significance of patience and determination to achieve the people's demands.
Sheikh Abduljalil Al-Moqdad, Sheikh Ali Salman, Sheikh Saeed Al-Noori, Sheikh Mohammed Habib Al-Moqdad, Sheikh Abdulhadi Al-Mokhawdar and Sheikh Mirza Al-Mahroos signed the statement.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
comments powered by Disqus