US Ambassador Deeply Troubled by Al-Wefaq Suspension
2016-06-16 - 10:28 p
Bahrain Mirror: The United States Ambassador to the Human Rights Council in Geneva, Keith Harper, said that he is deeply troubled by the Bahraini authorities' decision to dissolve Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society.
"I am deeply troubled by yesterday's alarming move by Bahrain government to dissolve the opposition political society, Al-Wefaq," stressed Harper in a tweet on his personal account.
Keith Harper also had expressed his deep concern over the arrest of prominent human rights activist Nabeel Rajab. He also criticized the Bahraini authorities for preventing a local delegation from leaving the country to Geneva to take part in the 32nd session of the UN human rights council.
Deeply troubled by yesterday’s alarming move by #Bahrain gov to dissolve the opposition political society @AlwefaqEN https://t.co/NWmvI33doM— Keith Harper (@USAmbHRC) June 15, 2016
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
comments powered by Disqus