US Senator Marco Rubio Calls for Immediate Release of Nabeel Rajab
2016-06-15 - 12:31 am
Bahrain Mirror: US Senator and former Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio called on the Government of Bahrain to immediately release prominent human rights defender Nabeel Rajab.
In a tweet on his Twitter account, Rubio said: "This, morning Bahraini security forces entered the home of the president of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights, Nabeel Rajab, and arrested him without charge."
"In addition to his arrest, the Government of Bahrain also enacted reprisals against other human rights defenders for their international advocacy work by imposing a travel ban on them," he further stated.
The #Bahraini gov’t must release human rights defender #NabeelRajab immediately. #expressionNOToppression pic.twitter.com/qRTSvnEyo0— Senator Rubio Press (@SenRubioPress) June 13, 2016
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan
- 2023-05-29ADHRB: Execution of Two Bahrainis Brings Total Number of Executions in Saudi Arabia to 38
comments powered by Disqus