Reuters: Bahrain Replaces Oil Minister
2016-06-04 - 6:34 p
Bahrain Mirror (Reuters): Bahrain's King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa replaced the oil minister in a minor cabinet reshuffle on Friday that affected two cabinet portfolios, state news agency BNA reported.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa al-Khalifa, a member of the ruling family, was appointed energy minister, replacing Abdul-Hussain bin Ali Mirza. Mirza was appointed minister of water and electricity.
Bahrain, which is not a member of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), produces about 200,000 barrels of oil per day.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
comments powered by Disqus