PHOTOS: Bahrain International Book Exhibition Allows Book that "Declares Shia as Infidels & Calls for Killing them"
2016-03-28 - 10:56 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahraini citizens complained that the authorities in Bahrain allowed a book, which declares the followers of the Shia sect as infidels, to be sold. They circulated photos of the book on social media, noting that the book was published by a Bahraini publishing house "Bahrain House for Studies and Research". One of the book's chapters is entitled "The issue of Declaring the Rafidis as Infidels," referring to the adherents of the Shiite sect which represents the majority of the country's population.
The book was showcased in the national library pavilion in the 17th Bahrain International Book Exhibition, launched on March 24, 2016 and to remain open until April 3rd.
This publication also contained texts that call for killing the Rafidis (derogatory term referring to the Shia), under the pretext that they are "disbelievers and rejectors of Islam."
Commenting on the matter, the deputy president of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR), Sayed Yousef Al-Mohafdha said: "The fact that a book, which calls for killing the Shia and declaring them as infidels, is being sold in Bahrain is new evidence, proving that the regime is involved in instigating sectarian conflict."
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Intíl Monitors to Visit Prisons
comments powered by Disqus