Martyr Al-Jaziri's Father Speaks at HRC in Geneva Exposing Children's Rights Violations in Bahrain
2016-03-11 - 8:41 p
Bahrain Mirror: The father of martyr Hussain Al-Jaziri delivered an address at the Human Rights Council in Geneva on Monday (March 7, 2016), in which he spoke of the Bahraini government's violations of children's rights.
In his brief address, he listed arrests, forced disappearances, torture, deprivation of educational rights, and even extrajudicial killings among the abuses which the children in Bahrain are exposed to, noting that around 60 children were killed at the hands of security forces. He further highlighted that the killings were caused by various means, including the excessive use of tear gas, shotgun pellets, the firing of tear gas canisters at close range and vehicle runovers.
Al-Jaziri also talked about the death of his son in 2013, following an injury sustained from a close-range bullet shot during a protest and prevention of treatment, which eventually led to his demise before reaching a hospital.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
comments powered by Disqus