Bahrainís Interior Ministry Monitors UN House in Bahrain
2016-02-28 - 1:00 am
Bahrain Mirror: Vice President of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights, Yousif Al-Mohafdha, stated that Bahrain's Ministry of Interior is monitoring the work of the United Nations House in Bahrain, considering this a clear violation of international conventions and norms.
Al-Mohafdha explained that Fatima Al-Halwachi, the Head of the Monitoring and Documentation department of the European-Bahraini Organisation for Human Rights (EBOHR), accompanied by a number of the detainees' families, visited the United Nations House in Manama to send a letter to United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon regarding the violations practiced by the Bahraini authorities against political prisoners.
"After she left the building, she was surprised to see a security officer asking for her ID and to investigate her about the reasons behind her visit. Al-Halwachi, however, returned to the building to tell the official in the UN House about the incident, who, for their part, informed the officer that his action is illegal and he interferes with her job," he further stated
Bahrain's Interior Ministry is interfering and spying on the work of an independent regulatory body, in a clear violation of the international conventions, Al-Mohafdha further stressed, adding that the security bodies in Bahrain do not have the right to follow the work of UN and pursue activists and victims who want to complain against the violations practiced by the authorities.
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan
- 2023-05-29ADHRB: Execution of Two Bahrainis Brings Total Number of Executions in Saudi Arabia to 38
comments powered by Disqus