US Ambassador to UN: Sentencing Ebrahim Sharif Blow to Freedom of Speech
2016-02-27 - 7:04 p
Bahrain Mirror: The United States Ambassador to the United Nations, Samantha Power, urged the Bahraini authorities to release the opposition leader and former Secretary-General of Wa'ad Society, Ebrahim Sharif, describing his one-year jail term as unjust.
Samantha Power said on her personal Twitter account that "Ebrahim Sharif unjustly sentenced to prison again for one year is a blow to freedom of speech, calling on the authorities to release him."
#Bahrain oppo leader Ibrahim Sharif unjustly sentenced to prison again for 1yr. A blow to free speech; urge his rls pic.twitter.com/kdnW6AGfYs— Samantha Power (@AmbassadorPower) February 25, 2016
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan
- 2023-05-29ADHRB: Execution of Two Bahrainis Brings Total Number of Executions in Saudi Arabia to 38
comments powered by Disqus