Booklet Documenting Testimonies of 7 Victims of Torture in 1980s & 1990s
2016-01-30 - 9:02 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's Pearl Center for Studies and Research published a booklet in which it documents the testimonies of victims of torture inside prisons in Bahrain.
The booklet released as an online version comprised of 48 pages and is entitled "Testimonies of Torture Victims in Bahrain Prisons." It includes a number of interviews with leaders and political activists who were detained and tortured during the 1980s and 1990s by the former colonel in the Ministry of Interior Adel Flaifel. They are: Nader Al-Nasheet, Hanan Haidar, Ali Al-Ghanam, Amal Islamic Movement leaders Sayed Jaafar Al-Alawi and Sheikh Habib Al-Jamri, Haq Movement Secretary-General Hassan Mushaima, and Al-Wafa leader Abdul Wahab Hussain.
The Bahrain Forum had previously published these testimonies at separated periods before recently recollecting, editing and publishing them in a booklet.
The publisher, Awal Centre for Studies and Documentation, said that "it considered republishing these interviews to shed light on the brutal torture that violates all international norms, which the detainees, who have become many, suffer from in prisons."
- 2017-08-10Bahrain Mirror Publishes “Stateless” by “Ali Al-Dairy”
- 2016-12-14“Ali Al Dairy” Tackles Establishing First Saudi State in New Book “Texts of Monstrosity: Takfir and Wahhabi Politics”
- 2016-12-14Bahraini Center Publishes “Mr. Ambassador: Mohammad Javad Zarif" in Arabic
- 2016-12-12An Excerpt of “Jaw” Novel: Jordanian Officer Involved in Detainees’ Torture Speaks Up
- 2016-04-27Book on Sheikh Al-Nimr’s Plea Launched in Beirut
comments powered by Disqus