Hamid Al-Mulla: Bahraini Authorities Refuse to Conditionally Release Dr. Al-Ekri
2016-01-23 - 11:02 p
Bahrain Mirror: Lawyer Hamid Al-Mulla stated that the Director of the Penitentiary Establishments refused a request to conditionally release Dr. Ali Issa Al-Ekri, pointing out that since December 10, 2015 he has addressed the Director of the Penitentiary Establishments requesting the release, in accordance with Article (349) of the Code of Criminal Procedures . "We had no response regarding this issue, what prompted us to address the penitentiary execution judge", he added.
"We raised 2 letters to the execution judge on December 30, 2015 and January 11, 2016 complaining about the negative decision made by the Director of the Penitentiary Establishments not to let us know whether they intend to apply the law according to the aforementioned article; however, the execution judge saw the letter and attached it to the file what is considered to be an implied rejection of our request", he further stated.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
comments powered by Disqus