Emirati Prof. of Political Science: 900,000 Anti-Shia Tweets in 2 Days
2016-01-09 - 3:01 am
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): A Professor of Political Science at the University of UAE Abdulkhaleq Abdullah stated on Thursday (January 7, 2016) that 900,000 anti-Shia tweets were made during two days only.
He explained on his personal Twitter account that "within 48 hours, 900,000 anti-Shia tweets and 30,000 anti-Sunni tweets were found. Please steer clear from hate and sectarian fueled tweets in any form".
Abdullah didn't mention the source of these tweets, but they are most likely sent from Gulf states which are witnessing unprecedented sectarian tensions after Saudi Arabia executed the religious and political Saudi Shiite leader Sheikh Nimr Al-Nimr.
A study prepared by a researcher at the US Carnegie Center, Alexandra Seigel, had confirmed that the vast majority of tweets including sectarian content were sent from Gulf states, especially Saudi Arabia.
ÎáÇá ٤٨ ÓÇÚÉ Êã ÑÕÏ 900 ÇáÝ ÊÛÑíÏÉ ÖÏ ÇáÔíÚÉ æ30 ÇáÝ ÊÛÑíÏÉ ÖÏ ÇáÓäÉ. ÇáÑÌÇÁ ÇáÅÈÊÚÇÏ Úä ÊÛÑíÏÇÊ ÇáßÑÇåíÉ æÇáÔÍä ÇáØÇÆÝí ÈÃí Ôßá ãä ÇáÃÔßÇá— Abdulkhaleq Abdulla (@Abdulkhaleq_UAE) January 7, 2016
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
comments powered by Disqus