Bahraini Detained Figures: 4 Imprisoned Opposition Leaders' Health at Risk
2015-12-17 - 8:40 p
Bahrain Mirror: Detained Bahraini opposition figures issued a statement from prison warning of the deterioration of the health conditions of Abdulwahab Hussein, Hassan Mushaima', Mohammad Jawad Parweez and Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace.
The imprisoned Bahraini figures, who signed the statement issued on Tuesday (December 15, 2015), said that they bear witness to the "continued deterioration of their [aforementioned detainees'] health, which puts their lives at risk, although they are categorized as prisoners of conscience by the United Nations and international organizations."
The signatories concluded their statement by calling on "the international political and human rights community to do what it takes to release them as well as the rest of the prisoners suffering from life-threatening conditions as soon as possible."
Sheikh Abduljalil Al-Moqdad, Sheikh Mohammad Habib Al-Moqdad, Sheikh Abdulhadi Al-Mukhawdar, Sheikh Ali Salman, Sheikh Saeed Al-Nouri, Sheikh Mirza Al-Mahrous, Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja, Salah Al-Khawaja and Mohammad Ali Ismail signed the statement.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
comments powered by Disqus