Abdollahian Says Held “Candid Talks” with British FM on Bahrain
2015-10-23 - 2:32 am
Bahrain Mirror: The Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab-African Affairs Hossein Amir Abdollahian said that he held "candid" talks with the British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond on Bahrain on Wednesday (October 21, 2015).
After the meeting which was held behind closed doors in the British Foreign Office, Abdollahian said in a press conference that Hammond invited his Iranian counterpart for a visit to London to pursue their previous talks on mutual interests.
He further stated that they held candid and transparent diplomatic talks during this meeting over the current situation in Syria, Yemen and Bahrain.
"There is a consensus between the two sides about the focus on political solutions to regional problems," the Iranian diplomat noted, adding that "there are some differences of opinion between Tehran and London about the mechanisms and ways to resolve these problems."
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
comments powered by Disqus