PHOTOS: Clashes & Injuries in Bahrainís Al-Malikiya & Karzakan after Bahraini Security Forces Take Down Ashura Flags
2015-10-20 - 10:05 p
Bahrain Mirror: Activists stated via social media outlets that the Bahraini Interior Ministry's security forces took down Ashura flags and banners in the villages of Al-Malikiya and Karzakan, which caused outrage among residents who took to the streets to protest the authorities' suppression on Tuesday (October 20, 2015).
Security forces confronted the crowds of protestors with violence and excessive force, as they fired tear gas and shotgun pellets at demonstrators, leaving injuries.
It was also documented that security forces took down Ashura flags and banners in the area of Sadad.
Since 2011, the crackdown on Shiite religious rituals intensified, as the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry, which was appointed by the King, documented the demolition of 38 Shiite mosques and other violations committed by the authorities against the Shiite majority, which says that is suffering from discrimination.
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
comments powered by Disqus